Sunday, July 8, 2018

Peony Dreams "Hello" card

This die set by AltENew called PEONY-DREAM-3D-Die is quite a stunner! 


I used an old Darice Embossing Folder with zig zag lines on my card front. 


I cut the flowers from many of the colors to match the CTD #500.   This week they are celebrating their 500th Challenge.  Go over and see what going on over there!  

The card needed a bit of extra flair so I thought maybe an Unbranded Filigree Corner die would be a good fit to add more texture to the card front.  For the sentiment, I decided to use the word "Hello" from the old "Hello you Framelits" die set from Stamping Up (no longer soldby S Up, but it's available on EBAY).  It cuts a very fine lined set of useful words and I find I use it all the time.  

 I did not think it'd be so hard to get the glowers to come together, but it was a bit of a challenge.  I looked online at some of the other cards while I made using these dies and yet, I still messed it up!  He, he, he.  One has to be careful when setting up the flower layers so as to line them up properly (unlike I did).  I accidentally inverted a couple of the pieces and then it layered up wrong, but still pretty!  Luckily these dies are  very forgiving, give them a try!


It took me a while to get the placement of the different elements placed correctly onto the card front.  Play with many different placements and you'll find one that really works.  It is an intuitive thing, you mind's eye will tell you what is the best choice for the placements.

The final result:


Close up view:


That's it for today.  

Hugs,

Nina



1 comment:

  1. Those peonies are a fave die of mine and your card turned out beautifully! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete

Claiming it on Bloglovin

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/20588129/?claim=snqscfx3kga">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>