Friday, March 1, 2019

Getting started on the St. Patrick's Day cards with a clover background die.

Hello, thanks for joining me here as I create a quick card for St Patrick's Day.  I am not Irish, but it is fun to get in the spirit anyway!  

Here is my card as a preview to the post.  I think it is quite striking (your thoughts?) but, this card was really very simple to construct.  It seems to me the many background layering dies our in the marketplace these days are the best way to get more pizazz with less fuss!  They are expensive but they sure are worth it to make a stand out statement without too much stress.


I used the Flower Layers Cover Up Background die set by The Ton.  I don't believe these are still available as I got them on sale last year, but not in time for making any St Patrick's Day cards.



 First, I began with the die and cut it many time from several pieces of 80# paper from my stash.


Since 99.99% of the teeny tiny cut pieces stayed in the card stock after the die was removed, I very carefully turned the whole thing over and placed Glad Press N Seal over the front of the pieces to hold them in place.







Mind you, you have to be so careful when peeling back the large die cut cover part of the paper away from the extraneous tiny pieces of the die cut image.  Do it slowly.  You may have to keep pressing down into the Glad Press & Seal plastic any loose bits that want to come up with the main die cut image.

On both of the layers (A & B dies).  






This is what will be remaining on the Press & Seal:


 Now, to figure out which way looks better - either A or B as the top layer of the set.  This is with layer A on top:
 This is how it looks with the layer B on top:

I think if this was not such a garish green color, it might have looked better.   For the gluing down of these delicate die cuts, I choose the liquid Zig 2 Way glue pen.  I also found that it was making a mess on the glass mat that is on my desktop, so I put a piece of sticker backing paper down under the die cut set and that way the glue didn't get onto the glass.



Also, to help in cleaning up glue on glass, this handy dandy little hardware tool works wonders.


For the sentiment, I had some extra ones of these stamped and embossed from last time (see prior post) so, I decided to use it.


This big sentiment is the one I choose to use.  Stamping and embossing onto the heavy weight vellum is the best way to showcase the die cut layers without getting them all covered over.  I like that this sentiment can go for all kinds of occasions and it could be so suitable for many of life's best happy moments!


The final result:


The card challenges that this card will go in for are:

Moving Along With The Times

2)  As You Like it Challenge #
As You Like It Challenge
Cute Card Thursday

Cardz 4 Galz


Thanks for stopping by,
Hugs,

Nina














6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and I love how you used the vellum over the background layers. Lovely. Thank you for sharing your talent at Moving along with the times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, great design, thanks for joining us at MAWTT . Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an intricate card you have created - and it is stunning,

    Thanks for sharing this with us at MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card. Love the textures the different layers make. Thank you for playing with us at Cardz 4 Galz this challenge.

    X Lise Mariann, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful card, Nina! Gorgeous layers. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - great techniques. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Claiming it on Bloglovin

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/20588129/?claim=snqscfx3kga">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>