Friday, February 22, 2019

Background dies Rule!

Hello, friends, Thanks for joining me here on the blog.  Here are the cards I've made today:


This one has a bit more going on as I wanted to add a little die cut to match the flowers in background die.


Here is the die that I used and it was so fun to flip it over and see "the reveal".   It is so intricate and amazing.  I used some heavy 80# Neenah Classic Crest paper in Solar White.  I find that the more intricate the die, the more benefit I get from using heavier paper.  


I then placed a bit of Glad Press N Seal over the front; such that when I flipped it over, all of the tiny pieces stayed in place.  I'll use this for replacing the little itty-bitty white card pieces onto another die cut background for another card soon.


Now, to glue down the die cut piece.  I tried a few of the glue pens that I own to see which would work best.  It turns out, the Nuvo Glue Pen works the best to apply over the back of the paper but not show up on the front at all. 


I dug around my craft room and Eureka!  I found some previously sprayed paper from 7 Gypsies that has just the right amount of detailed design and the right colors too!


OK, onto the stamping.  I liked this stamp by Stamps by Me called "Get your Happy On".  I don't think they still sell this one, but there are many other nice sentiment stamps available there.


 I heat embossed the sentiment onto heat resistant vellum using my Hampton Arts Stamp Positioning tool.  This one is smaller than the one by Ranger in Black Sparkle so I reach for it more often.  I also usually like a bit of sparkle in my cards so I have a few Black embossing powders which contain mica or glitter as seen below.


It is hard to capture the dark glitter-ness of this powder on camera but if you look close, it is super shiny and sparkly.
                                  
This is another favorite from Stampendous PearLustre in Hematite.  It is just the right amount of sheen to a project.


Because of how it is such a bold image, it didn't look so great when I simply stamped it once using the Versafine Ink in Onyx Black.  So, then I stamped it again as it was already set up in my Hampton Arts Stamp Positioner.  This helped a great deal and it was a much better image.

You'll notice that the dot on the exclamation point is missing and so I just filled it in with a fine tipped Sharpie pen.
Now to stick the vellum onto the card front.  I did fuss about for a long time deciding where to place the words, I ended up placing it near the bottom of card. 
The very best vellum adhesive in the world is made by Plus.  You won't believe how it just disappears behind the vellum on all manners of card stocks.


This is the cute little Memory Box Perky Poppy flower die.  Love how sweet it is when cut out so, I cut it out twice and then one die cut can be backed with that same sprayed background paper that I used on the card front. 



Here is the way the cards turned out:

                            

Challenges I'll enter that fit today's cards:
1)  Crafty Catz #450
Crafty Catz

2)  CAS on Friday #152
CAS on Sunday

3)  Simply Create Too #146
Simply Create Too Challenge Blog


Thanks for stopping in and see you around.

~Nina

3 comments:

  1. I love the glitter and sparkle of your heat embossed sentiments. Super clever to use patterned paper behind your panel diecut. Very interesting and unique. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You snuck this pretty card just in time. Love the background too.
    Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too for our challenge no. 146, ATG/Hearts. Join us again soon.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really sweet creation, thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Catz challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Claiming it on Bloglovin

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/20588129/?claim=snqscfx3kga">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>