Tuesday, February 5, 2019

My Nuvo problem & ever more Wetlands stamps for masculine cards.== Part 2

Ok, part 2 of the cards that use the retired Stampin Up! Wetlands stamp.  Please read the prior posting to catch up on the starting of this card project.

I have not yet heard back from Tonic about my Nuvo Embellishment Mousse problem, all 14 jars are so dried up that I can't even chip or chisel off a bit to try to reconstitute.  I'm hoping for  a store credit and not a replacement of the product.  We'll see what they offer me.  They did send a generic email (automated) stating they heard from me and are looking into the issue.   I wonder how long it will take to get this resolved?  I thing it is not good customer service to sell a product that doesn't stay useful for a longer while than just a few short months.  So many other items have lasted for a long time and it stinks to have to toss out so much money-- $8 x 14 = $142 + taxes!


Ideally, they'll give me a store credit and a prepaid shipping label so I am not charged shipping to send this stuff back to them.  I have done some Internet research and it turns out this is a fairly common issue for the early adopters of the product where the lids had a cardboard insert and so they absorbed all the liquid and dried out the mousse.  I even kept the foil on and was very careful about only opening it in such a way so as to not tear it.  This really did nothing to keep it from getting dried out!  What else could I have done?

Anyway, enough grousing.  The next step was to put the now dried white pieces of stamped and colored papers onto the card fronts.  This is such a breeze if you first use number labels for the white pieces and their corresponding card fronts. 



I decided not to color the sky in the background so it would be a cleaner looking card front.  I will then use the stamped sentiments when I decide to give the cards to the individuals depending on the occasion. 


Here are the end results of these masculine any occasion cards:


                         


The challenges I'll be entering in with these cards are:

1)  Fusion Card Challenge at fusion card challenge.  They ingeniously ask players to use either the colors selected or their inspirational sketch for your entry.  This is a fun way to get in the mode of entering challenges as it is not difficult in any way.


2)  The other challenge is called TGIF Challenges.  This week's challenge had me use some of the bright tropical colors along with this more muted colors card:


3)  The Crafty Cardmakers Blog is the other Challenge blog where I usually find so many great ideas for my future projects.   This week they are asking for us to use some texture, this is a great prompt as I often forget to do so.  I used an old Sizzix Sunburst embossing folder


A close up of the embossing is below.  I thought not to color it in as it seemed better for it to be more subtle and less obvious with so much already going on in this card.

Sorry again about the pictures coming in sideways!  I have tried and tried to get this figured out!  I am sorry I just can't buy another computer at the moment.  The one I got for Christmas had to be returned as the hard drive totally failed after about 5 days of use.  UGH!! Just as soon as I had gotten all my personalizing, info, apps and software onto the dang thing!  It was utterly frustrating.  I'll be getting a new computer in a few months.  So, I will for now, just try to take the photos in the right orientation to upload up side up. Sorry again.

Thanks for stopping by,
Hugs,
Nina


4 comments:

  1. Wow I love all of the variations using Wetlands! Glad you shared them at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely image and fabulous cards! Sorry to hear about your Nuvo problem! I love the pastes but I think - since I haven't used mine in a couple of months I ought to check on them... Thank you for sharing your talent with us at the Crafty Cardmakers. Happy crafting and have a lovely Sunday! Hugs, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this understated card! I think the embossed background makes a real impact, too. Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    I've got some of those Nuvo pastes too - but as I don't use them often I guess I'd better go check on them too!

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete

Claiming it on Bloglovin

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/20588129/?claim=snqscfx3kga">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>