Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Masculine Dudes and the Clover Background die

Oh, thanks for stopping by and as always, thanks for commenting on my endeavors here.  I do so love  reading your quick notes and comments.
Here is the preview of the card:  I'm going to make a few of these more masculine, funny and hip cards for my young nephews.


So, in my last posting I mentioned that I had a nice, but untried Flower Background Die from The Ton. I mistakenly attributed them to The Ton Stamps, but they are an AltENew product.  I used the Altenew-LAYERED-MEDALLIONS-COVER-DIE.  I do know these are still available even though I got them long ago.   Get them today!   



Ok, so you are probably waiting to hear about the stamp set.  It is the Dude Stamp Set by Impression Obsession.  It is great!  The  artist is Dina Kowal and her blog is awesome.  

Dude

I used my Hampton Arts Stamp Position Tool to do the stamping and I wish I has stamped more of all those very clever sentiments!   I used a favorite ink, the Momento Tuxedo Black Ink


On this card I used the parts/ pieces of two different colors of cardstock cut from the Layered Medallions Cover Die B alone. 





 It was tedious to do the Glad Press N Seal method on this set, as there are many tiny bits to worry about getting properly placed/ stuck onto the Glad P&S wrap.  Do persevere, it is worth it as you can get more from each of these cover plate dies that you invest in if you spend time doing this instead of throwing away those tiny left-over pieces.  More info on this technique is found on my prior posting:

Getting started on the St. Patrick's Day cards with a clover background die.


I put the little green pieces back into this white frame and still have the little white pieces to work with on another card design later.  That's what I call a Win-Win!  To do so, I had to first make the entire back of the white frame die cut become sticky and this is best achieved by using good old 3" Sookwang Tape.  This is great stuff!  I use it daily for all kinds of things.  Love it.  After applying tape to the white frame die, I just inlaid those green bits back into the sticky surface of the tape.  Then  I simply peeled it off the back and applied it to the card front.


Viola~


Then to place the stamped image and heat embossed. I did this using Ranger detailed black embossing powder.  I used this method for both sentiments and it is all finished.  Nice & easy too. 

Card challenges I've entered this into:

1)  The Card Concept #110:
The Card Concept

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

3) The Male Room #106    

The Male Room

Thanks for reading this and for all your kind words, and have a great day!

Nina










3 comments:

  1. Wow! Adore how you've created it! Thanks for sharing. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Nina, love your image and that wonderful die you've used. Such a pretty background colour as well. Very creative. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masculine card! Thanks so much for playing along at The Male Room craft challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Claiming it on Bloglovin

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/20588129/?claim=snqscfx3kga">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>